Comment on page
Why transferrable address?
Giving the address liquidity will solve many dilemmas in the use of existing addresses, and bring more significant application scenarios to the address:
Since addresses can be transferred, all assets, equity and other values attached to addresses will also be able to rely on addresses for liquidity.
- The non-transferable tokens designed in some protocols (eg. stake CRV in Curve to obtain veCRV, veCRV has voting rights, but cannot be traded), will be able to trade by OTC or leases through address transfer;
- After the user's address has obtained a certain qualification (eg. obtained a whitelist for NFT subscription), the transfer of the qualification can be realized by transferring the address or temporarily lending the address
As mentioned above, every interaction of the user is written on the address. The value of these transaction records will be gradually discovered as the liquidity of the address is opened, thus affecting the user's on-chain behavior patterns; meanwhile, the transferable address will allow the interaction records last.
- Users may buy addresses that were used by an influential person, and the subsequent interaction records will be continuously recorded on this address, which will bring them interesting experiences. Also, it enriches the supply of collections with rich reserves and collectible value.
- When some protocols are at risk and assets managed by the protocol need to be urgently moved, users may not be able to complete complex interactions in a timely manner. Therefore, asking others (friends, co-workers, etc.) to act on their behalf becomes an alternative solution. In this case, it is one of the few solutions to let the two parties co-exist in the same room or share the private key. But in the A3S solution, allowing timely transfer of addresses solved this problem easily. More importantly, users do not have to give up valuable interaction records of old addresses because of the sharing of private keys, and the use of addresses can be continued.
By instantiating the address control rights and expressing it in the form of NFT, in theory, all infrastructures around NFT will be applicable to such addresses. This will further enable a higher level of integratability for addresses.
To illustrate with a few typical cases:
- Users participate in on-chain games and obtain daily profits through the P2E model
- Participate in DeFi's income farm, and claim income regularly
- Users manage their assets on the chain by tracking excellent traders
In all the above scenarios, users could experience address control custody owing to various infrastructures currently designed for NFT:
- Users who participate in the game, hand over or lease the address to an agent (such as a trade union) to participate in the game and share the revenue.
- Participants in the income farm entrust an agent to regularly receive income for themselves, so as to reduce the fluctuation of income value caused by market fluctuations.
- Users will be able to entrust the right to operate the address to the manager or the contract that tracks the manager's behavior, so that the user can directly operate the address and participate in the asset management on the chain more conveniently
Of course, the scenarios described above are just the beginning of all this happening. Transferable addresses endow addresses with a high degree of composability, on which based on-chain developers will be able to explore more possibilities. We will continue to communicate with the community to discover more needs, and together, make all of this excitement to happen.